This was the home of Oliver Ellsworth, a delegate to the Continental Congress and the third chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. The historic house museum is located at 788 Palisado Avenue in Windsor, Connecticut. The museum is open to the public for tours from May through the end of October.Visit Website
The hall is situated on the grounds of the Oliver Ellsworth Homestead. It is owned by the CT Daughters of the American Revolution and managed by the Ellsworth Memorial Association.
Originially located in downtown Hartford. On September 20, 1780, Jeremiah Wadsworth hosted the first meeting between Washington and Rochambeau at his Hartford mansion. During this meeting Washington's horses were housed in the Wadsworth Stable. The stable is now located at 69 West Town Street in Lebanon CT and is open to the public for tours.Visit Website
CTDAR’s smallest historic property, the George Washington Oak Tree, was deeded to the CTDAR in 1934. Our 400-year-old oak tree was Connecticut’s most notable tree until it fell to the ground in 2003. Work began almost immediately, after the tree fell, to design a monument to commemorate the small parcel of land in Gaylordsville, which would mark the historic visit by General George Washington and Lafayette on September 20, 1780. While Washington dined nearby, his staff of 20 men took refuge from the sun’s heat under the large white oak tree. After lunch, Washington and his men held council before they continued their journey to Hartford, Connecticut, where they would meet with Comte de Rochambeau. Dedication of the new Oak Tree and historic marker took place on Saturday, September 22, 2007. The park is located on Gaylord Road, Gaylordsville.
The Connecticut Daughters not only support buildings, they support parks, cemeteries and have marked various historic events throughout the years.Details
The Connecticut Board Room is located at our national headquarters in Washington, D.C. The room has been beautifully restored and features gold-leaf moldings and crystal chandeliers.Visit Website
Connecticut Daughters proudly own and maintain historic properties throughout the state. Visit the property's website to learn more about these historic buildings and sites. Some of the properties are open to the public for visits and tours.
Built in 1750, is notable for its later Federal-style detailing. The house is named for Nathaniel Backus, Jr. and originally stood on lower Broadway. In 1951, it was saved from demolition and moved to Rockwell Street.
Available for tours.Visit Website
Built in 1932, it served historically as a courthouse, as a city hall, as an auditorium, and as government offices. The building was given to the town of Simsbury from Antoinette Eno Wood in memory of her parents. Mrs. Wood was a charter member of Abigail Phelps Chapter NSDAR. In her will, she stated that a wing of the Memorial Hall would forever be the home of the chapter.
The Sarah Whitman Hooker House is a historic house at 1237 New Britain Avenue in West Hartford, Connecticut. Built about 1720, it is believed to be the oldest standing house in the town.
Available for tours.
Fairfield’s Old Academy was a school founded in 1802 by a group of prominent local citizens. The schoolhouse itself was erected on the Old Post Road in Fairfield and opened in 1804. In 1920, the Old Academy was faced with demolition. The Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter and the Fairfield Historical Society joined together to save and restore the building. The building was moved to the town green in 1958.
Available for tours.