The neighboring Perkins-Rockwell House and the Nathaniel Backus House are operated as a museums by Faith Trumbull Chapter, NSDAR.
Nathaniel Backus House
Built in 1750, is notable for its later Federal-style detailing. The house is named for Nathaniel Backus, Jr. and originally stood on lower Broadway. In 1951, it was saved from demolition
and moved to Rockwell Street.
Built c.1818 by Joseph Perkins, a merchant and Revolutionary War
soldier. His daughter, Mary Watkinson Perkins married John Arnold
Rockwell, a lawyer who served in the U.S. House of Representatives.